In these challenging times, it’s common to want to help those around us. And it’s also common to feel unsure about how or where to start. While it may be impossible to take away a difficult situation entirely, small acts of kindness and compassion can make a big difference.
Check out the world’s first Random Acts of Kindness Idea Engine.
If you’re looking for ways to lift others up, try any random acts of kindness.
Look through the brief list below and, if you can think of someone who might appreciate one of the ideas, make it your next project to brighten that person’s day!
1. Leave money on a vending machine for someone
2. Bake cookies for the elderly
3. Serve at a homeless shelter
4. Do a run/walk for a good cause
5. Help at a clinic/hospital/office
6. Pick up litter on the street/forest/beach
7. Let someone go in front of you in line
8. Give a stranger a compliment
9. Make dinner for a family in need
10. Insert coins into someone’s parking meter
11. Buy flowers to hand out on the street
12. Leave letters of encouragement on people’s cars
13. Please consider donating blood to either Donner Sang Compter or Lebanese Red Cross!
Image: The Wall of Kindness in Beirut’s Hamra neighbourhood, where people anonymously leave items of clothing for anyone who might need them – © L. Harsch, 2018
Watch video here.
There are so many things you can do and you can do them every day! We only ask you to share your stories of the random acts of kindness you’ve done on social media with the hashtag #GivingTuesdayLebanon and by sharing your story especially on November 30, 2021!