All Content posted or otherwise submitted to the Giving Tuesday Lebanon website (https://lebanon.givingtuesday.me) is the sole responsibility of the account holder/user from which such content originates. The account holder/user acknowledges and agrees that the user is entirely responsible for all content that he/she posts, or otherwise submits to the GivingTuesday Lebanon website. GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org do not control user submitted content and, as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. As a condition of use, the user promises not to use this website for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these Terms, or any other purpose not reasonably intended by GivingTuesday Lebanon . By way of example, and not as a limitation, the user shall not use the features:
- To abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate, intimidate or cause harm/ distress to any person;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any content or communications that are libellous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, offensive, profane, or that infringes any copyright or other right of any person;
- For any purpose (including posting or viewing content) that is not permitted under the laws of the jurisdiction where you use the website;
- To post or transmit, or cause to be posted or transmitted, any communication designed or intended to obtain password, account, or private information from any GivingTuesday Lebanon user;
- To create or transmit unwanted ‘spam’ to any person or any URL;
- To create multiple accounts for the purpose of voting for or against users’ content;
- To post copyrighted content or other communications that do not belong to the user or, with the exception of commenting on content in social media, where the user may post such content with explicit mention of the author’s name and a link to the source of the content;
- To use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access this website for any purpose without our express written permission (with the exception of accessing RSS feeds). Additionally, the user agrees that he/she will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of this website or any activities conducted on this website; or (iii) bypass any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to this website;
- To artificially inflate or alter vote counts, view counts, comments, or any other service or for the purpose of giving or receiving money or other compensation in exchange for votes, or for participating in any other organized effort that in any way artificially alters the results of features and functionalities;
- To advertise to, or solicit from, any user to buy or sell any third-party products or services, or to use any information obtained from the services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit from, or sell to any user without their prior express consent;
- To promote or sell content of another person;
- To sell or otherwise transfer his/her profile;
GivingTuesday Lebanon or arab.org do not provide funding / other resources or guarantee providing funding/ other resources to those using this website. GivingTuesday Lebanon / arab.org enable corporates, individuals and NGOs to connect and create partnerships to help supplement their projects and promote giving in general.
The user is solely responsible for his/her interactions with other users of this website. GivingTuesday Lebanon reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between users.
Please read this section carefully before posting, uploading, or otherwise submitting any content to this website. By submitting content to this website, the user is granting GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org a worldwide, non-exclusive license to use the content. The user is representing and warranting to GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org that the content is either owned by him/ her or the user is authorized to represent or distribute the content. GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org are free to publish, distribute and use the content as provided in these Terms without obtaining permission, consent or any license from any third party.
In consideration of GivingTuesday Lebanon’s agreement to allow the user to use the features, the user agrees with GivingTuesday Lebanon as follows.
The user acknowledges that:
- By uploading his/her photographic or graphic works on this website the user grants GivingTuesday Lebanon rights to use the content to promote giving;
- By posting content to this website the user grants to GivingTuesday Lebanon a non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display such content in connection with GivingTuesday Lebanon in any form print or electronic. This license will exist for the period during which the content is posted on this website and will automatically terminate upon the removal of the content from this website;
- The license granted to GivingTuesday Lebanon includes the right to use content fully or partially for promotional reasons and to distribute and redistribute content to other parties, websites, authorized agents, applications, and other entities, provided such content is attributed in accordance with the credits (i.e. username or collection name, profile picture, photo title, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information) if any and as appropriate, as submitted to GivingTuesday Lebanon (notwithstanding the foregoing, no inadvertent failure to provide attribution shall be considered a breach of these Terms);
- GivingTuesday Lebanon has the right to reasonably modify, alter and amend titles, descriptions, tags, and other accompanying information for any content for the purposes of improving content quality, visibility or searchability, while trying to ensure the original meaning is not materially altered. GivingTuesday Lebanon has the right to submit content to other parties and authorized agents for editorial, marketing, publicity and other such purposes;
- Notwithstanding this, GivingTuesday Lebanon makes no representation and warranty that content posted on this website will not be unlawfully copied without the user’s consent;
- Registration on the GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org portals and Certification by arab.org are based on the data/ documents (including an undertaking) provided by NGO for the certification process. arab.org does not carry out visits nor does it attach any independent judgement of its own while recommending approval of organisations; arab.org cannot verify the charitable nature of activities of NGOs as per the Income Tax Act, given the complex nature of activities, the paucity of information and its interpretation. It will verify that, in the Undertaking for the certification process, the NGO has made a declaration that the NGO is compliant as per the Income Tax Act and other applicable laws in Lebanon as on the date of certification;
- arab.org may modify its registration and certification criteria and/ or process at any point without prior notice;
The user represents and warrants that:
- He/she is the owner or the authorised representative of the owner of all rights, including all copyrights in and to all content that he/she submits to the site;
- The user has full and complete authority and right to enter into this agreement and to grant to GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org the rights in the content herein granted, and that no further permissions are required from, nor payments required to be made to any other person in connection with the use of the content by GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org as contemplated herein; and
- The content does not defame any person and does not infringe upon the copyright, moral rights, publicity rights, privacy rights or any other right of any person, or violate any law or judicial or governmental order.
RELEASE AND INDEMNITY
The user hereby expressly and irrevocably releases and forever discharges GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org, their affiliated and associated organisations, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent and dependent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns of and from any and all actions, causes of action, suits, proceedings, liability, debts, judgements, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity which the user ever had, now has, or hereafter can, shall or may have, for or by reason of, or arising directly or indirectly out of his/her use of this website and features.
The user hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless GivingTuesday Lebanon and arab.org, their affiliated and associated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, independent and dependent contractors, licensees, successors and assigns from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of (i) a breach of these Terms, (ii) Content posted on this website, social media and related communication material (iii) the use of the features, by the user or any person using his/her account or GivingTuesday Lebanon username and password, (iv) the sale or use of the user’s images, or (v) any violation of any rights of a third party.
GivingTuesday Lebanon disclaims any liability, legal or otherwise, that may arise due to the act, omission or otherwise of any visitor to this site, or caused by the same. Visitors to the site acknowledge that GivingTuesday Lebanon is purely a “facilitator” for information between the NGOs and visitors, and as such, stands indemnified from any liabilities that may arise due to the same. Visitors also acknowledge that visiting this site is an implicit acceptance of these terms and conditions on their part.
Updated: December 2019.
Giving Tuesday Lebanon strives to ensure that its services are accessible to people with disabilities. Giving Tuesday Lebanon has invested a significant amount of resources to help ensure that its website is made easier to use and more accessible for people with disabilities, with the strong belief that every person has the right to live with dignity, equality, comfort and independence.
Accessibility on Giving Tuesday Lebanon
Giving Tuesday Lebanon makes available the UserWay Website Accessibility Widget that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows Giving Tuesday Lebanon to improve its compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1).
Enabling the Accessibility Menu
The Giving Tuesday Lebanon accessibility menu can be enabled by clicking the accessibility menu icon that appears on the corner of the page. After triggering the accessibility menu, please wait a moment for the accessibility menu to load in its entirety.
Giving Tuesday Lebanon continues its efforts to constantly improve the accessibility of its site and services in the belief that it is our collective moral obligation to allow seamless, accessible and unhindered use also for those of us with disabilities.
In an ongoing effort to continually improve and remediate accessibility issues, we also regularly scan Giving Tuesday Lebanon with UserWay’s Accessibility Scanner to identify and fix every possible accessibility barrier on our site. Despite our efforts to make all pages and content on lebanon.givingtuesday.me fully accessible, some content may not have yet been fully adapted to the strictest accessibility standards. This may be a result of not having found or identified the most appropriate technological solution.
Here For You
If you are experiencing difficulty with any content on lebanon.givingtuesday.me or require assistance with any part of our site, please contact us during normal business hours as detailed below and we will be happy to assist.
GivingTuesday Lebanon is managed by arab.org by The Olive Tree SAL, as per the cooperation and promotion agreement with GivingTuesday.